About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Our Tennessee Vacation - Day 3

Day 3
Adventures at Cades Cove and Gatlinburg. We had a wonderful drive on the scenic loop at Cades Cove, and then stopped for soft serve ice cream at the camp store. Mmmmmmm......... Then, we drove the 2 miles to Gatlinburg, and walked off that ice cream, only to end up eating trout and Jack Daniels Creme Brulee. The price of being on vacation. Even though we only went a few places, our pictures are numerous. We had a lot of fun today, and we even had time to go swimming when we got back to the room. I love vacation!!!


Danny, the worm protector. All of Cades Cove could hear his warning..."Don't step on the worm!"



Do you ever want to freeze one moment in time? I don't think this one would be their choice, do you?


We love ice cream!!!


Danny has decided that, since the one-hour "how-to-react-when-you-see-a-bear" training on tv was so informative, he's ready to meet one.  



The traditional family sign photo. I think Zachary has grown an extra set of ears, but I'm not sure. Do you see anything?



2 comments:

The Smiths said...

It looks like you guys are having a blast. I've been to Cades Cove years ago, and tent camped in the campground there operated by the U.S. Park Service. We went with friends who assured us this campground was just like the State of Florida campgrounds we had camped in many times before. Well, they were right in every regard except one - no showers (none, not even a cold one). Needless to say, any time we traveled by car while we were there, we kept the windows down!!

I hope you guys continue to enjoy your vacation. Be careful, and come back to us safely.

- Edward

The Creamer Family said...

Ed, we had a great time. Thanks for the kind words and the warning about the campground. If we ever decide to camp in the mountains, we won't pick that spot!