About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Monday, June 14, 2010

Our Tennessee Vacation-Day 1


Day 1
Our excitement was tangible in the morning as we finished packing and left Tallahassee for the 8-hour drive to Pigeon Forge, TN. I drove through Atlanta on I-75 (no bypass this time, and I can tell you, I am one brave woman), and on into the Knoxville area. I have always wanted to live in the low mountain area of Tennessee, so as I was driving, I was taking in the scenery and just enjoying being in the mountains. We arrived at our accomodations, Whispering Pines Condominiums, and checked in to our beautiful 2-bedroom condo with furniture that Megan said made her feel like we never left home. By then, it was 8pm, and we were ravenous, so we went down the street to Mama's Farmhouse Restaurant, and had one of the best family style meals you can get in a restaurant. The waiter pegged our family as carnivores because all of the meat was gone, and the carbs and veggies were barely touched. So true... We then came back, put the kids to bed, and watched the season opener of True Blood. It's going to be a great season, I can tell already.
George, Zachary and Megan all took pictures of the first day, and I'll share a few. I will document each day as they happened, so more to come tomorrow...

No comments: