Today, schools were closed due to the crazy weather predicted to hit the area. Winter Storm Leon was supposed to drop snow and ice on the area, and the local school system took precautions. This meant that I got to have a day at home with the kids. Yea! Unfortunately, the snow that was predicted did not fall, only freezing rain and sleet... all day long. And, to make things better, it didn't get far above freezing temperatures. So, the kids and I stayed inside the warm house, and we decided to help out the heater by keeping the oven going all day in a baking marathon. Highlights?
Chocolate muffins, triple chocolate cookies, and shortbread for George and the kids. I also decided to use up the remainder of the Chex Mix makings from Christmas-time by making Creamer Chex Mix.
The kids enjoyed snacking and playing games all day long, and after a Duck Dynasty marathon, they slipped off into dreams of chocolate, peanuts, and baked goodies. I love snow days!


No comments:
Post a Comment