About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Fifteen years ago, the night that changed my life

On this night, 15 years ago, I awoke to the sound of gunshots in the woods behind my apartment. As I lay there wondering if I'd really heard them, my neighbor knocked on my door and confirmed that I was not dreaming. I called the police, and these two nice officers, Mike Saunders and George Creamer, Jr., showed up at my door a few minutes later. They searched the woods behind my house, and Officer Creamer came back to say that they had not seen anything suspicious, but if I heard anything else to be sure to call again. I stood there in my sleep shirt and jeans, thinking, "Gosh I like his smile, especially his dimples." I thanked them for coming out, and went back to bed. I was so impressed with their helpful and friendly attitudes, I decided to bake them some apple bread, and just happened to put my phone number in the card for Officer Creamer. The rest, as they say, is history, but I remember every moment of that night. To celebrate those 15 years, tonight I baked some apple bread for George,


and we will have a piece together for Mike, who was taken from us by a hit-and-run driver a few years ago. He always joked with George that he got my number, too, but George knows the truth. I met my soul mate that night, and while the road has not always been smooth, we've been on that road together ever since. I love you, George.

No comments: