About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Thursday, January 16, 2014

I am such a slacker!

This weekend, I received a gentle reminder from my wonderful husband that I had not posted since July. Has it really been that long? I have a lot of updates, but I think, instead of boring you with a really long post about what we've done since then, I'll gradually post things that make The Creamer Chronicles headlines.

For example, this summer I bought a subscription for Danny to Surprise Ride, a monthly educational kit including projects (with all supplies enclosed), healthy treats and books centered around a different theme. The kids have had a great time building and learning about the different culture and/or subject in each kit. Here are just a few examples of the projects they've made. One month's theme was "Pirates," and while Megan spent time building a bathtub pirate boat


Danny decorated a pirate's chest for his booty.




He has also built a martian from his "Space" box,


a Japanese lantern from his box about "Japan,"



and an igloo/snow scene (with Megan's help) from the latest "Penguin" box.


They've had a great time creating these projects, and I think they've learned something too! I highly recommend Surprise Ride for any family

No comments: