and when we got into the park, we got the family picture taken,
and the kids got a pic with the penguins.
We ate breakfast (I highly recommend the all day dining - it was worth it),
and then started our fun. We started with the Pets Ahoy show (Megan's favorite), starring rescue animals trained to do all kinds of tricks on stage.
Then, after a visit to the dolphin nursery to see the babies,
George and Zac rode the Manta while the rest of us went to the aquarium. Then, after a stop at the stingray pool,
we headed to the dolphin petting/feeding area. The dolphins were very active with each other (read that as not very interested in the visitors), and after a short time, we went down to the underwater observation area.
There, we found out why they were so "active." Evidently it was mating time for some of them, which I swear I have never seen in 37 years of going to Sea World, and we had to cut our time short as the "activity" was graphic and repetitive.
We moved on to Turtle Trek, the new 3D show and exhibit. I really enjoyed the exhibit (surprise! - they're turtles), and we got some good shots of the turtles
and this gang (full of attitude, aren't they?).
After seeing a few more shows
and a few more rides, we went to feed the seals
while George and Zac rode the Kraken (no one else was brave enough). Megan and Danny got to throw fish to them,
attempting to avoid the birds.
Thief! By this time, we were getting close to time for the Shamu Rocks! show, so we trekked over to the polar exhibit to visit and wait.
Once inside, we stood watching the Beluga whales swim, and I noticed that they were also very "active."
I asked the trainer if there was a certain mating season for dolphins and whales, and after confirming my suspicions, he stated that they are pretty much always active.
Again, 37 years and have never seen this, much less with two different groups!
While waiting for the Shamu Rocks! show to start, George and I managed to steal some alone time, making a trip to switch out lenses, and make a few purchases.
We worked our way back to Shamu stadium, and went inside for the show.
The music was really good, but the show was too short and not enough splash, according to the kids. After a very long day, we made our way back to the hotel and collapsed. In fact, I don't even remember that part. What a good day!


No comments:
Post a Comment