About Us
Thursday, July 1, 2010
Sting: A Winter's Night...Live from Durham Cathedral
George and I got this DVD on Sunday, and I have to say, I love it. It is a quiet display of songs that evoke the warmth of the winter season. While it does have a few Christmas songs ("The Coventry Carol" and Sting's classic"I Saw Three Ships" of A Very Special Christmas, Volume 3), this is NOT a Christmas dvd. George is feeling the heat of the Florida summer, and when he saw this on the shelf, he was drawn to the snowy images and the imagery that the music evokes. I wanted to see it because I have been to Durham Cathedral, and it is truly a beautiful setting for a concert of this caliber. Sting's concert also highlights some of his fellow Geordie (people from the Northumbria region, including Newcastle and Durham, that speak in the "Geordie" dialect) musicians and at least one Scot. It really made us want to snuggle up on the couch with a glass of wassail and enjoy the season, even though we had to turn the air down to make snuggling comfortable on that 90-degree night. I can't wait for this winter. I know we will watch it again and again.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment