We have had one great weekend. Friday, we took Megan and Danny to Essence Of India, in my attempt to convert the entire family to Indian food lovers. George ventured into the truly exotic with goat curry, while the kids shared some tandoori chicken and naan (bread). Mine was super spicy Chicken Tikka Masala, and I LOVED IT. Can't wait to go back.
Saturday morning, we went to the Sweet Grass Dairy Marketplace for A Taste Of Spain, featuring Spanish products like Ortiz tuna, Marcona Almonds (my absolute favorite nut in the world - they are fabulous!), fig preserves, wines. They also has a selection of fresh Spanish products like Serrano Ham, Chorizo, and a special batch of wine-soaked goat cheese! I love our area. There are so many businesses that bring culture and variety to our lives.
After the Marketplace, we took the kids to George & Louie's, one of our favorite restaurants in Thomasville. A small, family-owned place with Greek specialties and an enormous menu, George & Louie's is one of those little places that brings you back again and again. The 40's jazz music, the bright, airy atmosphere, and the inexpensive fare is hard to pass up.
Then, Danny went to his friend, Summer's birthday party. I think he's a little sweet on her - he insisted on bringing her flowers. The kids swam for a few hours, and after we came home, we were pooped! What a busy day. Indian leftovers and one dog walk later, I was ready for bed.
Today, relaxation! After church, of course.





No comments:
Post a Comment