About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Pomegranate and Mint Sorbet


While we're getting our windows replaced, and while I am working at home, I decided to take my lunch break and make a recipe (see Julie & Julia post on Literary Corner for inspiration). I had bought the makings for Giada's Pomegranate and Mint Sorbet to make in my Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker that George  and the kids got me for my birthday. I cut some sprigs from my sweet mint on the front porch, and made the simple syrup. While it was cooling, I mixed the juices, and then poured the syrup in. I placed the whole mixture in the fridge to make it extra cold as it is a little warm in the house. Then I poured everything in the ice cream maker, and I continued to work on the computer. Five minutes before it was done, I poured in the mini chocolate chipe and Presto! Done. It did need a little extra freezing to make it firm, so I just had a bowl of it. It was amazing. So cool (it is sorbet) and minty. I continue to be impressed with the quality of Giada's recipes. Definitely a summer favorite.  

No comments: