dressing Harley up in Christmas scarves and such,
and generally just hanging with each other.
By afternoon, it was time to get cooking. As I had made buttermilk pies that morning, we focused on chilis for the squad Christmas dinner. I made Ree Drummond's Simple Perfect Chili
and Giada's White Bean Chicken Chili.
We delivered the food around 9:30 that night to a local hotel that had offered the space to us, and we had fun serving the officers. George took lots of pictures,
even though some did not make us very happy.
I got some good shots too.
In the end, everyone enjoyed the food and company. One officer, whose diet wouldn't allow carbs on that day, took a piece
make that two pieces
of buttermilk pie home with him for his free day. I think that look meant it was supposed to be kept on the down low. George had a great time with his squad, and the kids had a great time serving people who sacrifice so much to serve others. I was totally impressed with their enthusiasm to serve the officers and their dad, and they did not complain one time about our Christmas being delayed.
What an awesome Christmas Day!







No comments:
Post a Comment