About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Sunday, July 7, 2013

A very productive 4th of July "weekend"

This weekend, even though the rains continue in Tallahassee, we had a great time. On the 4th, we spent most of the day watching The Revolution on H2 (the History Channel's additional programming channel) and relaxing. This was the first 4th that George didn't have to work as the fireworks he usually works were cancelled due to the continuous monsoon we've been experiencing. So, we had a great 4th dinner at Longhorn, and then went to see Monsters University at the theater.  Loved it!

Friday was a work day for me, so no fun. Again it rained that night, so the kids and I had a family reading night. On Saturday, we got a long enough reprieve from the rain for me to mow the yard in the morning. the kids packed their stuff and headed off to visit Gran-ma and Papa Creamer for a night of fun. Danny got to hone his baking skills by making homemade snicker doodles.


Meanwhile, I had a night on my own (George was working), and I had plans at the Aprons Cooking School at Publix. The class for the evening was A Vegetarian's Journey Through India. A hands-on class full of tasks for everyone, I spent a lot of my time making naan


and enjoying the preparation of a huge Indian spread.



I had a great time, but I'm glad George is signed up for the next one. I missed him.
This morning, the kids said goodbye to their grandparents


and headed to church. In the service, Megan's mission group was recognized before they head out tomorrow.


She's so excited, and as nervous as I am to let her go for the week by herself, I'm excited for her too. When we got home, we took her to lunch, and then packed all of her stuff for the trip. I am really going to miss her. 

In all, it was a very productive "weekend," and I hope you all enjoyed the 4th holiday too!

No comments: