I am so behind on these, I know. George even reminded me last night, but I was too lazy to go to the computer to update. So here goes.
Last Saturday, Zac continued to improve, and was moved out of ICU. He got to take a shower (YEA!) and stayed one more night at Shands for monitoring. He was doing very well by all accounts, but was ready to get out of the hospital. I don't blame him at all.
Meanwhile, George and I drove the kids and Harley home. Megan and I had a book club meeting (which I missed due to exhaustion and laundry) from 2-4. Thanks, Susan, for taking her! Afterward, all of us donned our western wear and headed to the civic center where we had tickets to the Professional Bull Riders tour.
It was a family-friendly night that showcased one of the toughest sports around. It is also amazing how the civic center can be converted to a bull-riding ring.
It was a great night for it, and we had a blast.
Sunday, Zachary returned to Tallahassee for more recovery. For us, it was back to the grind. After a full week of school, karate, and work (which also was the first week of Legislative session, in which the bills came fast and plentiful) I was grateful for the long weekend. It was very relaxing, but we did get a few things done. We also managed to go to the FSU vs. Miami Women's Basketball Game, and Zac was well enough to come with us!
It was a good game, but Miami beat FSU by 1 three-pointer in the last 10 seconds of the game.
The rest of the weekend was productive but, again, restful. We needed it, and I was ready to go back to work this morning, sort of...








No comments:
Post a Comment