About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Eeeeewwww!

So, on the Monday after the Savannah trip, I went to pick up Harley from the vet where she had boarded over the weekend. I got there at noon, closed everything out, and they receptionist told me I coudn't take her home yet as she had...



TICKS! Eeeewwwww! They asked me to come back at 5:30 to pick her up, and when I did, as she jumped in the van, I saw something dark hanging off her back leg. I pulled it off, and needless to say, marched her right back inside for another full body search. After the techs pulled off two more, and after I had an interesting conversation with a man in the waiting room whose house and dogs were infested with - you guessed it - ticks, I took Harley home and proceeded to pull 9 more ticks off of her, combing her with the flea comb every hour on the hour. Luckily, my vet's pest control company is owned by none other than my wonderful brother-in-law. He came and treated our house as a preventive measure, and luckily we have seen no more. I won't say I'm scarred for life, but it was pretty damaging.

No comments: