About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A week in Austin, TX - Day 4

Wednesday, October 27, 2010
By myself again, I chose to walk the opposite way from yesterday, past the Capitol to the Texas State History Museum.




Performance Art was under way when I got there, and I spent a little time in the museum before I made my way up to the University of Texas campus.



This campus is just plain gorgeous, and I spent quite some time trekking around admiring the architecture and artwork placed all around the grounds.










When I was ready to make my way back to the hotel (approx. 28 blocks), I again visited the Capitol grounds, including the Texas Peace Officers Memorial




and the official visitors center. I enjoyed the walk back.





After George got out of class, and after another visit with Darrell, we went to Bess Bistro (Sandra Bullock's restaurant) and as soon as I hit the bed, I was out. Too much walking...

No comments: