George started class on Tuesday, so I had a chance to get out by myself and explore Austin. I started by heading the opposite way from downtown on Congress, passing by the famous rotating bat,
and continuing down Riverside to the Auditorium Shores Park.
My sole reason for heading this way was to see the Stevie Ray Vaughan Memorial, a tribute to the hometown boy who could make a guitar sing.
I walked the busy trails that run along either side of the "lake" (this is one fit population) and turned north to make the trek to my second destination of the day, the Austin Whole Foods Market and corporate offices.
I ate lunch there on the rooftop dining area, and then walked back toward the hotel. Behind the hotel, matching trails ran along the banks, and while walking the trails, I ran across the Austin Rowing Club headquarters. Rowers are a continual presence on the "lake."
When I got under the bridge, I spotted some of the resident bats - swimming!
Finally, George was out of class, so we ate dinner, toured around a little,
worked out at the hotel, and called it a night.
No comments:
Post a Comment