About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Friday, August 6, 2010

A day of beauty

Not to be confused with "a beautiful day," today was a day for my kids to beautify. After a weekend of swimming with Grandma and Paw Paw Gilbert, and a week of swimming, playing and working out with Daddy, I guess it was time for them to slow down and primp a little. Megan got her nails done (I feel like such a horrible mom because I don't do my own nails, so Megan has to rely on Gran-ma for polish), and even got to use the battery operated fan for drying. I knew there was some use for that thing other than post-hurricane air conditioning outages!


Not to be left out, Danny, who NEVER consents to getting his hair done at the barber shop, actually got a haircut today. I guess he got tired of begging us to gel down his cowlicks.

Nothing like a day with Gran-ma and Grandpa to lift your spirits. I know they wish summer would never end!

No comments: