About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Watermelon Agua Frescas

From the incredibly sweet watermelon we got this weekend, I made Watermelon Agua Fresca. This recipe was featured in Southern Living this month (courtesy of Maria Corbalan, owner of Taco Xpress in Austin, Texas), which I received two days before tasting this heavenly watermelon. Coincidence? I think not. This can be made with watermelon, canteloupe, or honeydew melon, and is a great alternative use if you have an abundance of these tasty fruits. Here's the method:

Process 4 cups cubed seedless melon and 1/4 cup sugar in a blender until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Pour mixture through a fine wire-mesh strainer into a pitcher, discarding solids. Stir in 2 cups cold water. Cover and chill until ready to serve. Serve over ice. Makes about 5 cups. Prep time: 10 minutes.

No comments: