On my actual birthday (the 1st), I took off work and George took me to Thomasville where I visited my favorite store, The Bookshelf, and got some beautiful coloring books for adults. George and I went to the Q Cafe, but because he was still suffering symptoms of the stomach flu that had moved through our house, I got no pictures and we cut our visit short to go home and rest for the evening.
The celebration continued that night at the University Center Club where George had made reservations for the Steak and Lobster Dinner.
We had a fantastic dinner and I went home with balloons and great memories with my family.
Finally, tonight, George took me to Aprons again for a Cajun-inspired post-birthday/pre-Mother's Day Brunch. The brunch was a four-course meal of Smoked Salmon Eggs Benedict, Guava Barbecue Shrimp with Manchego Cheese Grits, Oil Poached Rack of Lamb with Mint Jam, and New Orleans Beignets.
In all, George and the kids made my 40th so special, and I'll never forget how they made me feel. Best birthday yet!








No comments:
Post a Comment