About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

End of the school year activities

It seems like activities leading up to the end of the school year start earlier each year. This year, the festivities began in March with an art show at the public library downtown. Danny created a painting of flowers, and his painting was chosen to be in the show. My heart swells with pride even now.













Next came field day. Danny's class dressed in bright green,


and I would have taken more pictures, but I was too busy volunteering for the day making snow cones in 40 degree weather. Fun stuff!  Then, in early May, the fourth grade held their annual musical, "I Need a Vacation!"


Danny participated in the chorus, and his favorite song was the ditty about going to Disney World. I think his opinion was influenced by the fact that he was looking forward to Mother's Day weekend at Animal Kingdom. Before our trip (for a separate post), Danny participated in Take Your Child to Work Day.


He skipped the kiddie activities, and he hung out with his mom all day in the DOE building. The next activity was open house, where I got to see various projects he had done throughout the year. My favorite thing to see was the decoration on his teacher's door, on which each student had expressed his or her favorite thing about his teacher while dressed as the teacher.


I loved seeing all the blond curly hair! 

Last Thursday, Megan's year culminated in her final middle school orchestra performance. She did very well, and even got to announce one of the songs.




Friday morning, George and I attended a very crowded 8th grade ceremony, where she received her advancement certificate and some recognition for club involvement.






Again, I am so proud of my kids. Even more so, though, I am so happy to see the end of school year 13-14. Woo-hoo!
 

No comments: