Just after my last post, on October 12th, I started my new job as an IT Business Consultant Manager at the Florida Department of Financial Services, Division of Information Systems. In a nutshell, my new job consists of analyzing legislation for IT impact, overseeing the IT budget, creating Legislative Budget Requests, and improving business processes in the division. That weekend, George and the kids helped me move into my new office. The highlight of my new office is the set of windows with a lovely view of the Florida Capitol and some other downtown buildings.
Only one other year in my 15 years in state government have I had a window, and you never know how much you appreciate windows until you don't have them for a while. My plant, inherited from DBPR, appreciates it too!
Here are some pics from the move. I'll spare you the butt shots that George always manages to get of me. Be warned, these pictures include several images of silliness and kids being kids.
I really appreciated their help, and we got a lot accomplished in a very short time. My family rocks!


2 comments:
Congratulations on your new job! I hope it's going well for you. I've been trying to find something new myself, but not having as much luck. Oh well, my time will come. I'm very happy for you though. You deserve it!
Thanks! I know the waiting is hard, but it'll be worth it when it happens!
Post a Comment