About Us

My photo
George, Dawn, Zachary, Megan, Danny, and Harley.

Sunday, October 10, 2010

Elvis Waffles

This morning, the kids and I only had a few minutes to eat breakfast before church. Instead of slapping some pop tarts on a plate for them, I got out my quick snack recipe book to see if anything looked "breakfast-y." I found the perfect thing for us to eat, Elvis Waffles. They are so easy, and as Danny says - "awesome!"

Elvis Waffles

Eggo Mini Waffles
Peanut Butter (we use crunchy or natural for some texture)
Banana, sliced
Bacon (I always have bacon cooked for the week, so I broke it up into 1-inch pieces)
Honey

To assemble, toast the waffles and break apart into 4 individual waffles per person. Spread 1 tsp. of the peanut butter on the waffle. Top with a piece of bacon, a slice of banana, and drizzle a few drops of honey on top. That's all there is to it. Megan improvised and just made waffle/bacon sandwiches with a little syrup in the middle.


No comments: