Just to let you know that we haven't fallen off the face of the planet, I am going to give a general update. Zachary has been driving our van regularly for the last few days, and I will have to say he's doing pretty well. Megan recently became hooked on Dr. Who (yes we screen for the scary and inappropriate ones), and put this picture on her wall. I hope it doesn't detract from her studies!

Danny is getting some new furniture in his room, so George and I have been cleaning out (me) and putting together (George) various parts of Danny's room. We, however, have both hurt ourselves over the last couple of weeks, so we are a sad-looking couple at the end of the day. Between my limping and his back-holding, I don't know which of us looks worse. I know Danny will appreciate all of the hard work we're doing for him (not!).
Last Friday, we went to the fall festival at Megan and Danny's school, and they had a great time. Megan and Zachary's friend, Clarence, spent the entire fall festival in the cake walk line, and she finally won on the next to last round. That was an expensive cake, let me tell you! Zachary volunteered at the snow cone machine for me, and other than exploding flavor syrup and an intricately dyed right hand, he had few mishaps. Danny decided that friends are more important than his mom (aka "chopped liver") and spent the whole time trying to convince me to leave him with his friends for the rest of the evening. Sure, that's going to happen.
I can't possibly tell everything that we've done because the list would be endless. It seems like October exploded with engagements, illnesses, and general plans. I hope November is a little more calm.
No comments:
Post a Comment